Materials & Resources for Lyngblomsten Delegates
The following materials and resources are for current Lyngblomsten delegates. Download Delegate job description.
What is Lyngblomsten?
Being an informed and active delegate at Lyngblomsten has never been easier. Follow the steps below and you will be on your way to making the partnership between your church and Lyngblomsten strong and mutually beneficial.
- Step 1: Get an overview of the many parts that comprise Lyngblomsten by reading our "teaser" brochure.
- Step 2: Experience how the many programs and services of Lyngblomsten are designed to work together by engaging in the story of Mr. and Mrs. Fergstad.
- Step 3: Learn about the history of our organization and the origin of our name, plus see how to describe Lyngblomsten when you are faced with the question, "Lyngblomsten! What's that?" Get to Know Lyngblomsten.
- Step 4: See where the Lyngblomsten campus is located. This is where you will come for Delegate Meetings and the Corporate Annual Meeting.
What is a Corporate Congregation?
A church that has chosen to be a corporate congregation enters a formal partnership with Lyngblomsten. Explore this section to understand what that means.
- Step 1: Learn about when and why Lyngblomsten adopted the corporate congregation structure, the covenant that describes our partnership, and details about the annual meeting. See the organizational chart and notice that corporate congregations are at the very top of the structure. The Role of Corporate Congregations.
- Step 2: A key document that drives the mechanics of our partnership is the Bylaws. The full document is included below; the sections most important for you to know are highlighted in yellow. Get to Know Our Bylaws.
What is a Delegate?
A healthy partnership centers on the people involved. Our partnership requires that member congregations appoint congregants to represent their church (as described in the Bylaws in the previous section). These appointees—the delegates—are the Members of Lyngblomsten and therefore have voting rights in the organization. Like any commitment, knowing what's expected of you is essential to a good performance and experience.
- Step 1: Play the video below to read the definition of a delegate.
- Step 2: There are three types of delegates: lay, lead, and pastoral. Read the job description for each to see how they work together, and explore some ideas for helping your congregation know about Lyngblomsten and our partnership. The Role of a Delegate.
There's always more to learn...
Valuable Information and Resources:
- Lyngblomsten Annual Report
- Lyngblomsten Board Organization and Committee Structure
- Lyngblomsten Resources and Support for Congregations
- Tips for Effectively Delivering Messages to Your Congregation
- Senior Ministry Sunday (Planning, Ideas, Bulletin Insert Sample)
Additional Lyngblomsten Marketing Materials (available upon request):
- Lyngblomsten Display Board
- Lyngblomsten Business Cards
- Lyngblomsten Post-It Notes
- Lyngblomsten Lip Balm
- Lyngblomsten Informational Materials (Lyngblomsten Lifestyle, 5-5-1 Club Booklets, etc.)
Need items for an event opportunity? Contact us to schedule a pick-up. Lyngblomsten staff will assemble requested materials and/or display board; it will be your responsibility to pick up, set up and return the board and any unused materials. Please reserve early as there are only 2 display boards available.