Volunteer to serve those with memory loss
Volunteer with The Gathering
Join the group of volunteers in your area who enjoy making a difference in the lives of people experiencing early- to mid-stage memory loss. Volunteers receive comprehensive training so they are able to plan the day’s activities and promote socialization for their participants.
- Volunteer application for The Gathering At-Large
- Volunteer application for the East Consortium (Woodbury) Gathering
To learn more about volunteering with The Gathering, contact:
Betsy Hoffman, Team Coordinator
Volunteer as a Support Group Facilitator
Co-facilitators are needed for Memory Loss Caregivers Support Groups at church sites throughout the Twin Cities (see locations). Training is provided by the Alzheimer's Association.
Does this describe you?
- Good listener
- Sense of humor
- Comfortable with expressions of emotion
- Knowledgeable or willing to learn about Alzheimer's disease and related dementias and caregiver issues
- Willing to be trained as a volunteer support group facilitator with a commitment of at least one year
To learn more about volunteering as a support group facilitator, contact:
Lisa Brown, MSW, LISW, The Gathering Coordinator
Memory Loss Caregivers Support Groups are coordinated through Lyngblomsten's The Gathering, in partnership with the Alzheimer's Association.