Volunteer Opportunities for Corporate Groups
Are you looking for a team building experience for your corporate group? Corporate volunteer programs allow businesses to foster a more personal link to the community by sharing their greatest asset—their people—in making a difference. Lyngblomsten staff plan and execute events that provide a meaningful experience for corporate volunteer groups, while at the same time are fun and engaging for residents and tenants as well.
Explore our year-round possibilities—from one-time opportunities to an ongoing relationship, let us work with you to find the right fit. Opportunities for volunteer groups include scheduled set dates as well as flexible date events to allow corporate groups room to navigate busy schedules.
Existing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Car Show at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds: June 23, 8:30 AM–12:30 PM. Accompany residents on a short walk to visit the Car Show; tickets provided. Residents will be in wheelchairs.
- Minnesota State Fair: August 24, 8:45 AM–12:30 PM. Take a short walk from Lyngblomsten, and spend a fun-filled morning at the fair with residents. Volunteers will be placed in small groups and accompanied by staff. Tickets provided.
- Halloween Bingo: October 31, 1–4 PM.
- Veteran's Day Celebration: November 10, 1–4 PM.
Assist with activities, serve refreshments, and socialize.
Custom Volunteer Opportunities:
Please contact us two months in advance to coordinate an event.
- State Capitol Tours: June–September, 8:45 AM–12:30 PM.
Accompany a resident on a tour of the capitol. 5-8 volunteers.
- Big Bingo: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1–4 PM.
Spend an afternoon calling numbers, handing out prizes, or joining residents in the game. In-kind donations of $1 prizes are welcome. 10-15 volunteers.
- Strolls to Como Park & Zoo: Early Spring–Summer, 9 AM–Noon.
Accompany residents on a stroll through nearby Como Park and Como Zoo—a great way to spend a morning or afternoon! 20-30 volunteers.
- Outdoor Socials (May or June), 1:30–4 PM.
Set up, serve refreshments, play lawn games, and socialize in the courtyard with residents—a wonderful reason to spend time outside! Morning or afternoon. 10-20 volunteers.
- Socials (any time of the year),.1:30–4 PM.
Set up, serve refreshments, play games, and socialize with residents. 10-20 volunteers.
Adopt a Neighborhood
Build relationships by adopting a neighborhood on campus made up of 22 residents. This is an ideal way to serve, inspire, and understand older adults.
Serve on a Lyngblomsten Board or Committee
Volunteering on a board is a great opportunity to build a resume, network, and support a meaningful cause.
Employer Match Support
Does your company match? Many companies offer corporate matching gifts or grants .to the nonprofit organization where their employees volunteer. Ask if you company has a matching gift program!
- Download our corporate volunteer packet for 2017.
- Sponsor: Learn about corporate sponsorship opportunities
Shannon Parker, Manager of Corporate Engagement
651.632.5358 or email@example.com
2016 Corporate Volunteer Groups
Thank you to the corporate volunteer groups that provided service in 2016:
- Globe University
- Ignite Sales Management
- Interim HealthCare
- Meridian Services
- Midwest Sign & Screen Printing
- Thomson Reuters
- UnitedHealthcare | Medicare and Retirement
- Wells Fargo