Youth Volunteer Programs
Our youth program adds an awesome intergenerational dimension to volunteering. If you are ages 10 to 18, our Summer Program (June–August) or School Year Program (September–May) offer you the chance to contribute in a variety of ways: playing music, transporting residents to activities, playing games, reading, delivering mail, and more. From one time special events on weekends, to regular daytime openings, to evening programs―there is almost always something that fits your schedule and talents.
To help you feel good about your time here, you will receive top notch training, supervision, and follow-up. Whether you are looking to simply help others, need to fulfill community service requirements, or enjoy the wisdom and life experience of older adults, we may have just what you are looking for.
Youth Volunteer Scholarship Program
The Youth Volunteer Scholarship Program has been established in order to recognize the contributions of outstanding youth volunteers who have demonstrated a high level of commitment to Lyngblomsten through volunteerism and to support their decision to attend an institution of higher learning.
The Lyngblomsten Volunteer Programs and Services Department, working with the Lyngblomsten Foundation, will make scholarships available to qualified Lyngblomsten youth volunteers upon completion of high school graduation. These scholarships are to be used for further education at a college, university, technical school, or an accredited school in holistic therapies. The dollar amount of the scholarship will be determined by the number of qualified applicants and the amount of money in the Youth Volunteer Scholarship fund.
Basic Scholarship Qualifications
- Must be a high school senior at the time of application.
- Currently be an active Lyngblomsten volunteer, committing a minimum of 48 hours (an average of 4 hours of service per month) over the 12 month period of April 1–March 31.
- Complete an application and essay questions by March 31 of graduation year.
- Minimum of 200 total hours of volunteer service at Lyngblomsten prior to submission of the application.
- Minimum of two years of service at Lyngblomsten prior to submission of the application.
- Recommendation form completed by a current staff supervisor or by the Volunteer Programs and Services Department.
- Recommendation form completed by a current high school teacher.
More details about the Youth Volunteer Scholarship Program.
I'm ready to sign up!
- Fill out an application.
- Youth Volunteer Application (Individuals)
- Youth Volunteer Application (Group)
- Pick up an application on campus at 1415 Almond Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108
View upcoming monthly orientations on our events calendar. To register for an orientation, contact Lana Western at 651.632.5324 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shelli Beck, Lead Volunteer Coordinator