Individual Volunteer Opportunities
The Lyngblomsten community knows that every volunteer position is meaningful and every volunteer is essential. Hand-in-hand with our staff, our volunteers form a remarkable team of stakeholders dedicated to delivering compassionate care and innovative services to those who need and deserve such attention.
We rely on middle and high school students ages 13+, college students, working professionals, and those out of the work force to join us as volunteers in multiple positions and for multiple occasions. If you are looking for a community where you can learn and exercise new skills, participate in a service learning experience, provide leadership, or extend a friendly presence, you’ve found the right place with Lyngblomsten!
I'm ready to sign up!
The process to become an active volunteer does not take long; there are only a few steps you need to complete. These steps include the following:
- Fill out an application.
- Attend a volunteer orientation. Click here for a list of upcoming monthly orientations. Space is limited, so register early at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interview with a member of the Volunteer Services staff. A background study will be initiated at this time. There is a two-week window for you to go to a Minnesota Department of Human Services background study site to be fingerprinted and photographed. Volunteer Services will review this process with you during your interview.
Complete a background study at a designated location. Visit this website for a list of locations in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. The results will be sent to Lyngblomsten within two days of having your fingerprints and photograph taken.
You can choose from many opportunities when you volunteer with Lyngblomsten! You might consider:
- Being a friendly visitor to an older adult
- Serving on a board or committee
- Providing administrative support
- Serving as a cashier or scooping ice cream at Anna’s café & gifts
- Helping with a special event
- Participating in a recreational activity
- Supporting our transportation program
- Providing pet visits
- Spending a day one-on-one with a participant at The Gathering, Lyngblomsten’s group respite program for persons with memory loss
- Exercising your creativity through arts and music activities
- Serving at one of our community-centered opportunities offered through 2nd Half with Lyngblomsten
Volunteer Services supports you every step of the way. We will introduce you to your staff supervisor the first time you volunteer, check in with you as you get acclimated, and help you when you want to transition to a new position or add a new one.
We do ask that all volunteers commit to 40 hours per year, except for our college-aged Service Learning students who commit to 15 hours per semester. To keep track of your hours, you will have access to our online volunteer portal. With it, you not only can check-in and check-out during your time on campus, but you also can sign up for future opportunities and print off time cards of your hours served. It’s that easy! This is a perfect setup if you need to submit documentation to your employer to participate in a volunteer gift-matching program. Visit our Matching Gifts web page for more information about how your volunteer hours can double their impact for Lyngblomsten.
If you would like to learn more about opportunities currently available or to explore other possibilities that fit your skills and desires, please contact us at email@example.com or 651.632.5406. We look forward to hearing from you!
Learn more about current available opportunities, or explore other opportunities that fit your skills and desires.