Author Your Life
Wherever you are on life's journey, live the best life possible!
What is Author Your Life?
Author Your Life is Lyngblomsten's philosophy on living well. It’s about aging vibrantly, living fully, and being as well as possible in mind, body, and spirit—at every age. Through Author Your Life, we want to see people achieve their goals, learn new skills, discover new interests and talents, continue enjoying lifelong passions, and help others do the same.
Who is Author Your Life for?
Author Your Life is for anyone connected with Lyngblomsten, including our residents, tenants, participants, their families, volunteers, employees, and supporters.
How do I author my life?
Authoring your life will look different for everyone. It could mean achieving big goals for one person or finding happiness in small experiences for another. The key is intentionality. Thoughtfully consider the gifts, desires, and goals you have. Then look for or create the opportunities to help your vision become reality.
For example, this could be:
- Connecting with someone who can teach you a skill you've always wanted to learn, like playing piano or woodworking.
- Taking steps to improve your well-being through activities like exercise classes, heading on a short walk each day, or attending a caregivers support group.
- Tackling goals of any size like completing a degree program, writing down childhood memories, or overcoming a fear of public speaking.
How will Lyngblomsten support me?
Our organization seeks to serve as a resource, providing opportunities and encouraging everyone to pursue dreams and goals. We'll do our best to help you succeed!
Learn about Author Your Life
Want to learn more about Author Your Life? Here are some helpful resources.
Lyngblomsten Lifestyle :: Winter 2019
Wondering what Author Your Life is? Read our lead story and learn how one of our participants — Sonya Quam — is authoring her life. There's also a worksheet to help you brainstorm how you can author your life.
Lyngblomsten Lifestyle :: Spring 2019
Wondering what Author Your Life has been up to? Read our write-up in the Spring edition of Lyngblomsten Lifestyle and see how a Lyngblomsten community member finds purpose in writing.
Lyngblomsten Lifestyle :: Summer 2019
In our Summer edition of Lyngblomsten Lifestyle, we focus on one of our member congregation delegates who finds purpose in serving others.
Lyngblomsten Lifestyle :: Fall 2019
In our Fall edition of Lyngblomsten Lifestyle, we share how two volunteers with The Gathering group respite program had enhanced experiences when they altered their roles.
Meet the Author Your Life Workgroup:
The Author Your Life Workgroup is a team of Lyngblomsten staff that has been meeting since 2016 to help develop and implement this exciting movement across our organization. As you'll see from their work titles, the staff come from all areas of our organization. If you see them on campus, ask them about Author Your Life and why they support it!
- Andrea Lewandoski (workgroup leader), Director of Lifelong Learning & the Arts
- Betsy Hoffman, Team Coordinator for Community Services
- Colleen Anderson, Director of Environmental Services
- Greg Wainman, Director of Nursing
- Janet Byrnes, Assistant Administrator
- Kelley Bergeson, Director of Spiritual Care
- Khim Khatiwada, Assistant Manager at The Heritage at Lyngblomsten
- Leigh Emmerich, Director of Social Services & Therapeutic Recreation
- Red Swanson, Dining Experience Manager
- Sam Patet, Marketing Communications Production Manager
- Shelli Beck, Director of Volunteer Services
- Trisha Hall, Director of Human Resources
For more information: