Author Your Life
Wherever you are on life's journey, live the best life possible!
Author Your Life is Lyngblomsten’s philosophy on living well. It’s about aging vibrantly, living fully, having purpose, and being as well as possible in mind, body, and spirit—at every age.
Author Your Life is meant for anyone connected with Lyngblomsten, including our residents, tenants, participants, family members, volunteers, employees, and community partners.
We invite you to ask yourself:
- How are you authoring your life?
- How are you helping others to author theirs?
- How could a Lyngblomsten opportunity or connection help you author your life?
Learn about Author Your Life
Want to learn more about Author Your Life? Here are some helpful resources.
Lyngblomsten Lifestyle :: Winter 2019
Wondering what Author Your Life is? Read our lead story on pages 3 and 4. Learn how one of our participants --- Sonya Quam --- is authoring her life on pages 5 and 6. And complete the worksheet on page 7 to help you brainstorm how you can author your life.
Meet the Author Your Life Workgroup:
The Author Your Life Workgroup is a team of Lyngblomsten staff that has been meeting since 2016 to help develop and implement this exciting movement across our organization. As you'll see from their work titles, the staff come from all areas of our organization. If you see them on campus, ask them about Author Your Life and why they support it!
- Andrea Lewandoski (workgroup leader), Director of Lifelong Learning & the Arts
- Betsy Hoffman, Team Coordinator for Community Services
- Colleen Anderson, Director of Environmental Services
- Greg Wainman, Director of Nursing
- Janet Byrnes, Assistant Administrator
- Kelley Bergeson, Director of Spiritual Care
- Khim Khatiwada, Assistant Manager at The Heritage at Lyngblomsten
- Leigh Emmerich, Director of Social Services & Therapeutic Recreation
- Red Swanson, Dining Experience Manager
- Sam Patet, Marketing Communications Production Manager
- Shelli Beck, Director of Volunteer Services
- Trisha Hall, Director of Human Resources
For more information: