COVID-19 Information & Updates
Welcome to Lyngblomsten’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Updates & Information page, where you can find the latest information regarding our response to the disease.
Older adults are especially vulnerable to COVID-19, and we want to assure you that the health and safety of those living on our campus is our top priority. A multidisciplinary team of staff meets regularly to monitor this evolving situation and determine what changes need to be made to our policies and procedures to protect residents, tenants, and the larger community.
Please use the menu on the left side of the page (below when viewing from a mobile device) to navigate to pages concerning our latest updates and visitation policies.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see the "Staff Contacts" tab below for a list of individuals you can contact.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation.
Lyngblomsten's Communication Policy during COVID-19 Response
Lyngblomsten is committed to communicating openly with its residents, tenants, their families, staff, and other groups as part of our response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
As always, Lyngblomsten is committed to being transparent. This is a high priority for us because older adults and their families are putting their trust in us to make the best decisions we can to keep people on our campus safe and healthy.
As updates have become available during our COVID-19 response, we have reached out through phone calls, letters, emails, social media, and our website, and we will continue to do so.
In accord with guidelines from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), we are informing care center residents and their family members/representatives of positive COVID-19 test results, as well as cumulative test results, within the time period specified by CMS. We continue to notify all other appropriate individuals—including tenants, their family members/representatives, employees, and vendors—of developments as they arise.
In the event of a positive COVID-19 test result, we will notify all appropriate individuals as quickly as possible.
The health and safety of the people living and working on our campus is our top priority, and so we will continue to keep the Lyngblomsten community informed of any developments regarding COVID-19.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov.
- Minnesota Department of Health: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus.
Lyngblomsten Care Center
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding our COVID-19 response and precautions for the Lyngblomsten Care Center, please contact Candace Trondson, R.N., Assistant Director of Nursing/Infection Preventionist, at 651.632.5389 or email@example.com.
- If you are unable to reach Candace and need immediate assistance, you can call the House Supervisor on duty at 651.755.5965.
You can direct questions regarding our COVID-19 response in our apartment buildings to their respective manager.
- Lyngblomsten Apartments: Jill Hult, 651.632.5422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Heritage at Lyngblomsten: Cosmina Strain, 651.632.5428 or email@example.com.
Lyngblomsten Community Services
- If you have questions regarding Lyngblomsten Community Services programs affected by COVID-19, you can contact the registration phone line at 651.632.5330. If you leave a message, we will follow up as soon as possible.
- For questions specifically regarding Caregiver Resources & Support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651.632.5320.
- If you have questions for other staff/departments, you can view our staff directory by clicking here.
Contact Lyngblomsten at 651.632.5360 or email@example.com.
A Lyngblomsten representative will contact you as soon as possible.